Disease FAQs

Which doctor can i consult if my baby has achondroplasia?
You can consult a pediatrician, orthopedic surgeon, dental surgeon and a neuro surgeon.

What can be done for patients with achondroplasia?
Children and adults with achondroplasia can lead normal lives provided they receive attentive, informed care by their physicians and parents.

My spouse and I both have achondroplasia. What is the probability that we will have a child of average stature?
The chances are 25 percent.